Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Getting Ready to Head to Thailand

I'm leaving for Thailand in 2 months and 3 days!  Wow, time really flew by!  As I prepare, I'm getting all of my documents ready to apply for my visa.  While I am in Thailand I will be working at the Father Ray Foundation with children and adults with disabilities.  I'm super excited to experience the culture of Thailand!  Additionally, I've heard GREAT things about Thai food and have certainly enjoyed every bit that I have tried! I make a mean Thai curry soup! That said, I have been reading up of different Thai recipes and am going to make an attempt to make as much of them as possible before I leave! I am so excited to experience the simple pleasures of fruit and vegetables that are locally grown as I did in Haiti!  Here is a popular site that I am so excited to be part of! 


How can i NOT be excited for this delicious array of tropical fruits!?!? 

I will be working to teach English and Independent Living Skills to children and adults with disabilities as well as working in a home for orphans.  I am so excited to be able to be part of the mission of this organization as it pairs perfectly with the mission I have driven my life by and that is to treat all with respect and to encourage the independence of people with disabilities in all aspects of life!  LOVE it!  So excited! Here is where I will be working while I am there: 


And here is where I will be staying: 


And here is some pictures of the property I will be staying on! How gorgeous is THIS!?!? (click the link to see it!  feel free to look through some of the other pictures! )

So anyway, I am waiting patiently to head off to Thailand and be part of the beautiful mission of the organization! I am looking forward to spreading my talents and my passion to the mission of the organization there!  I am so blessed to have this opportunity! When I pack, I must pack clothes that cover my shoulders and knees as it is part of Thai culture that these parts are covered!  Once I apply for my visa and get accepted for it, I will be all set to go! Yay for traveling! I'm so excited! I can't even tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment