Thursday, August 30, 2012

Animal Cruelty........

I'm absolutely disgusted.

      Sick to my stomach. 

                I've seen a lot of cruel and unusual things in my life, but THIS was cruel, pointless,               AND gross.

I'm actually mad.  Furious.  Pissed. 

IS.

IT. 

NECESSARY.   ??????? <---- THATS the question.  (I already know the answer)


So, I went to the MN State Fair Today and was looking forward to my vegan endeavors in the midst of the carnivore nation.  I was content doing my own searching and seeking out the secretly vegan items at the various food joints.  I ate  deep fried pickles, cotton candy, fresh fries, vegetarian spring rolls, falafa.... it was fabulous! I feel like violet from charlie in the chocolate factory now, but it was totally worth it!  Especially for those deep fried pickles with hot sauce! 

After getting my food kick, I decided to take a gander over to the art building to take a look at the amazing art that people entered into the fair.  I saw awesome paintings, portraits, and unique abstract art.... and then I saw it.  I saw the thing that took my breath away.  Literally, I couldn't breathe because I was utterly disgusted.  Yep, you heard it right.... I was disgusted by art.  Here is what I saw.  


Tons of rodents. 

Dead rodents.

They were hunted (obviously not for food), skinned, and plastered onto a canvas. 

Taxidermy after hunting is one thing.. and something that I can at least wrap my mind around if done after using the animal for food.. but THIS WAS WRONG.  It was ugly and wasteful.  What do you think of it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment