Wednesday, July 18, 2012

BEST FLIPPIN' MAC AND CHEESE OF ALL TIME


I'm always looking for recipes that dont "taste" vegan.  Well, if you are looking for a recipe to impress your family and friends and want to sneak it past them that its vegan.. THIS is the recipe for you!  Holy AMAZING!  I used the mozzarella Daiya cheese only when using this recipe and it resulted in a alfredo tasting pasta that was absolutely delicious!  I added a variety of garlic salt, onion salt, basil, pepper, and salt.  I topped it off with crushed corn flakes.  I served this dish to my boyfriend and his family and they absolutely loved it and didn't know it was vegan until they asked the question, "wait, don't vegan NOT eat cheese".  Stumped them!  I'm not a huge fan of the flavor of Daiya on its own, but this recipe really brings Daiya to life and makes for a wonderful meal!  I highly suggest it!  All credit goes to The Vegan Zombie! I'm very glad I took the dive and made this!


Ingredients:
1 lb elbow pasta
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup canola oil
2 cups soymilk
Daiya cheese 1 1/3 cup (feel free to mix a little of each flavor)
1 tbsp basil garlic spice
1 tsp onion powder
vegan bread crumbs
paprika
salt & pepper

boil pasta
heat canola oil over med heat
stir in flour
add soymilk and bring to boil
add salt pepper, basil garlic spice, and onion powder
add cheese and stir together
strain pasta and put in deep pot
pour melted cheese sauce over pasta
place in glassware dish
add breadcrumbs
sprinkle paprika on top
place in over 20 mins for 350*

No comments:

Post a Comment