Monday, May 7, 2012

Fabulous Food

I absolutely ADORE cooking!  One thing becoming vegan has enabled me to do is justify spending time in the kitchen trying new and interesting recipes!  I have made my own bread (which I've NEVER done before) I made cake from scratch instead of the boxed cake (never ever done that either), I've tried new foods such as quinoa, curry, coconut milk, and apricots, and it's enabled me to experience joy and relaxation while cooking, eating, and cleaning up a meal!  (pardon the crappy quality of the pics.... I only take them with my phone since I'm too poor to buy a nice camera :-P)
 Rice noodle soup with carrots,onion, and edamame. Need I say more?
 Macaroni and Cheez (with a surprise ingredient) even the boyfriend LOVED this one!  He went back for seconds.
 I didnt make this... got it from a local coffee shop.  This was probably one of the top 5 desserts ive EVER had in my life! <--- totally true!
 Ok... I didn't make this either..... got it from a local restaurant called Zanzibar.. holy CRAP was it good! like woah! I asked for it without cheese... got tomato,onion, red peppers, mushrooms, artichoke, olive oil... definitely going back for this!
 Vegan Chili with Upton's Natural Chorizo Seitan.... you honestly would NEVER know this is vegan.... (i might give it to my mom without telling her haha)
Lentil Carrot Burgers: I promise I wasnt covering up the taste of them with BBQ sauce.... i just LOVE BBQ sauce.  These were amazing on my homemade hamburger buns with spinach, tomato, onion, and BBQ sauce. DELICIOUS!
 Vegan Chocolate Cake (just call it chocolate cake.. because no one will know its vegan)
 Hamburger Buns!  They were soo tasty! I learned really quick that these buns don't quite have the same shelf life that most store bought buns do... next time i'll freeze the dough and just make a couple at a time.
 Thanksgiving style quinoa: quinoa, craisins, celery, onion, apricots, and vegetable broth. Tasted GREAT! even my anti-vegan friends loved it!  
 Thai Curry Soup: the recipe is on the can of coconut milk.... I skipped the shrimp and put baby corn, bamboo shoots, and snap peas!  amazingly easy recipe and tastes GREAT! 
Another simple simple simple recipe!  Literally... sugar, rice, coconut milk, and mango. The end.  SOOOOOO good!


So the moral of the story is........ Vegan cooking is amazing and non restrictive!  I have loved every meal I have made so far!  <3 Food is lovely!  

Kayleen

No comments:

Post a Comment