Friday, September 28, 2012

Jicama-Apple-Apricot Porridge: WARNING DELICIOUS

Be Warned: This is delicious!  The sweetness of the jicama really adds to the recipe.  Additionally, the lightness of the jicama allows you to eat more of it without the added fullness and calories.  Its wonderful!  Another thing that it great about it is that its such a flexible recipe and can be made a million different ways.  This recipe is packed with nutrients!  Let me know how you feel about it! 

Jicama-Apple-Apricot Porridge


1 cup jicama rice (Explained below) 
1/3 cup dried apricots cut into small pieces
1/4 cup chopped nuts (I used cashews) 
1 small apple diced 
1 cup nut milk (I used almond/coconut milk)
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1 tablespoon brown sugar 

1. Remove outer coating of jicama and cut jicama into small pieces
2. Place jicama into a food processor until finely chopped and rice like in texture
3. Scoop 1 cup of the jicama rice on to a clean towel/cloth and ring out all of the moisture 
4.  Place all of the above listed ingredients into a pot and heat until warm

* I used a masher and mashed the apple pieces into smaller pieces once the apple warmed up.  I also added more nut milk as I saw fit to get the texture and thickness  I desired in the porridge.  Feel free to play around with different measurements and ingredients.  Next time I plan on putting a banana into the mix and maybe raisins instead of apricots! Its a very flexible recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment