Monday, August 6, 2012

The Pledge


The Pledge 
I promise to protect you,
and save you from harm,
to help you escape,
from the factory farm.

Though I may not move mountains,
I can move my hand,
to choose compassion,
instead of farm land.

I'm sorry its taken,
 so many years,
for me to awake,
 to all of your tears.

I'm now here to help you,
to save what i can,
from the evil farmer,
and the mistreating hand.

My choices reflect,
your life in my heart,
while i shop i will place,
plant based foods in my cart.  

I pray my example,
will start an effect,
so that many more people, 
will pledge to protect.

If not for your safety,
how about for their health,
or the health of the plant,
or the child without.

In so many ways,
plant based reigns supreme,
in saving the earthings,
and human beings.  


1 comment: